Snacks and Staff Meetings

From PE teacher to Administrator and everything in between

Blocked or Bored?

April 3, 2007 by bsnaxton · 2 Comments · administration, Blogging, Middle School Blogging

It feels like forever that I have written. I think it is more a block than anything. I am as busy as I have been in the past and even then I managed to write a few words here and there. It seems that now days I can’t find anything to write about. Which is odd, in that I have one of the worlds most interesting jobs and it seems that each day should bring about some new idea in which to pen my thoughts. I have never really been a writer, so I don’t know if this is truly writers block or if I just have caught up with my blog fever and now I have to reenergize myself to continue.

I seem to have forgotten how much I enjoyed reading the different posts in my reader, commenting and then following the comment trail. I know that it takes time and I think like anything when you get out of the habit you have to force yourself to get back into it. I look at some of the other bloggers and they are posting like 4 or 5 articles a week. I know that I can do that, and in fact at my peak I was probally around 3-4, so I know that it can be done. My goal this week is to post to the 3 blogs that I currently work on. This is my first post back here so I am one third of the way there. I am working on a slideshow for the other blog, it will be about student attendance, modeled after the “Did you Know” slideshow.

In regards to subjects to write about, I am trying to get in the habit of writing down topics and then trying to get back to them and start to write about them. My only problem now is remembering where I write down those little topic sentences. I have got them all over the place.

I am also concerned that the limited amount of people that look at this blog will go away and never come back. I feel that I have worked hard to get my little audience and I don’t want to lose them. So that is moving me to start to post again.

With that said, I am working on my next post entitled “Give the kid a pencil”. Should be ready soon.

2 Comments so far ↓

• Dave Sherman

Brian,
    I feel the same way. I think I go through phases where lots of ideas come to me for my blog, and then times where I can’t think of what to write about. I think I am in one of those “lean” times right now. Of course, I have been so busy at school that I have not even had time to eat lunch (or go potty!) lately. I echo your fear that the small number of people who read my blog will go away. I hope that doesn’t happen. BTW, I’ll keep reading your blog!
    - Dave

• bsnaxton

Dave,
    Thanks for stopping by. I am glad that I am not the only one who has this feeling. Thanks for being faithful.
    Brian