Snacks and Staff Meetings

From PE teacher to Administrator and everything in between

Done with school…

June 9, 2007 by bsnaxton · 1 Comment · mumblings

As I write this title I realize that I am never really done with school, it will always be in my blood and at my fingertips, however I am done with kids and teachers for this year. Now the fun stuff of scheduling, working uninterrupted, cleaning my office, organizing and getting ready for next year begins. I enjoy this type of work and when I am doing it I think to myself that maybe I should go into something where I can “just work”. But then August rolls around and I start to see the kids and I get the butterfly’s , well that’s another post.

I am looking forward to a great collaboration meeting we have coming up next Wednesday where we are going to be talking about Consistency and it’s effect on junior high students and their success. I will be writing about it, possibly in a running diary. That sounds fun and I have never tried that before.

It has been a great school year. I am amazed at how fast it went and the new things that I learn each and every year. You would think that after 5 years in the same position there wouldn’t be that much more to learn, but what do you know there is.

One thing I learned this year?  Well…maybe thats another post as well. I know there is one thing I just have to remember.

Here’s looking forward to a little vacation time.

One Comment so far ↓

• Busy Educator

Hello Busy Educator!

Marjan Glavac here from the Busy Educator’s Newsletter.

This year, I’m celebrating the 12th year anniversary of The Busy Educator’s Newsletter.

It’s one of the longest running newsletters on the Internet devoted to helping teachers become their best.

To celebrate this anniversary, and the start of a new year, I’m offering something special to teachers.

It’s an eBook from my good colleague and friend Rob Plevin.

Rob Plevin, a retired Deputy Head of a school for children with severe behavior problems, is making his 107 page Magic Classroom Management eBook available to all teachers who sign up for my newsletter.

He shares his secrets, tips, tricks, and strategies for improving student behavior in this no cost eBook.

Learn how to….
    Teach your students to follow instructions without complaining.
    Prevent inappropriate questions and maintain control of your lessons.
    Win support from colleagues, parents and administration (which will make your job much easier!).
    Motivate all students (especially low achievers and behavior challenges) to produce more higher-quality work for you than they ever have before.
    Teach your kids to sit quietly in their seats and actually listen when you’re talking.
    Silence any noisy class in seconds!
    End low-level classroom disruptions, such as whispering. chatting. tapping pencils. dropping things and wandering.
    Prevent ALL pupils from swearing – no matter how old they are and no matter how bad their behavior is.
    Deal with major crises and confrontations quickly and calmly – knowing full well that you are in total control every step of the way.

Once again, Rob’s eBook is available at no charge when you sign up for The Busy Educator’s Newsletter.

To receive your eBook, go to http://www.glavac.com

All the best,

Marjan Glavac